Welcome to the New Market Historical Society
Our goal is to tell Newmarket’s story, preserve its local artifacts, and sponsor historical events and educational opportunities. Please consult our program of events for exact dates, times, and locations for our meetings and events as they have recently changed.
The public is always welcome to attend our educational meetings, which are free except for select special events.
Donations are always welcomed and greatly appreciated!
To schedule a visit —
email us at: email@example.com
Ten participating Newmarket pubs / restaurants
Admission: $20 / person — all proceeds go toward the upkeep of the Historical Society Collections. These photos show revelers of Christmases Past. Join in the fun for this Christmas Present.
This event is possible due to the cooperation of our ten participating businesses: the Polish American Club, Panzanella’s, La Catrina, The Oak House, Wing-Itz, Riverworks, Jonny Boston’s, The Stone Church, Rumor’s Sports Bar, and Tequila Rae’s.
It is sponsored by the Great Rhythm Brewery.
Tix available via:
1) PayPal on this page via the Donation Button (on the right for a computer; at the bottom of the page for a cellphone). Make a one-time donation, and enter your name, # of tickets and total amount of purchase.
2) By check - make out check to New Market Historical Society, and mail to 44 Elm Street, Newmarket NH 03857
3) For Information on making payments via Venmo or Zelle, and all other questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the Newmarket 300 Steering Commitee are preparing for the town’s 300th celebration scheduled for 2027. The Committee seeks input from the public as they plan this event.
The next meeting is Wednesday, December 13, 6-7 pm at Sunrise Sunset Center behind the Police Station.
The 300th Commitee is looking for a new logo for it’s 300th Anniversary to be used for the yearlong celebration in 2027.
A $500 prize awaits the winning entry, and it just could be yours.
The Logo must be:
1) a full color design which would also work in black/white and grayscale;
2) it should be adaptable for either letterhead, banners, posters, textiles, social media and all other print material;
3) The design may include (but is not a requirement) the 300th Motto of: Newmarket, NH: 300 Years at The River’s Edge. Likewise, the Logo may embrace any of the following themes: celebration of heritage, history, “being more than just a mill town”, immigration, or the Lamprey River.
4) The final design is to be a graphic in a SVG file format, as it needs to be vector based.
5) Deadline Submission Date is February 1st , 2024.
The top three designs will be chosen from the field of entries by the 300th steering committee. Those three will be publicly presented to town residents via social media and town websites. There will be a public input/voting period of 60-90 days, and the majority vote will choose the winning entry.
Any questions may be directed to: John Carmichael thru the New Market Historical Society email account listed above.
We wish to acknowledge of business partners:
We wish to thank Proulx Oil and Propane, and Chinburg Builders who generously donated funds
for our efforts to acquire new artifacts and preserve those manuscripts, diaries, letters, and articles already in our collection.
And… for our new business partner for 2023:
Seacoast Test Prep
whose private tutoring and classes are offered
at The Loft, 125 Main St., Suite E, Newmarket.
The Stone School Museum, built in 1841, as a two-room schoolhouse, and now home to the New Market Historical Society, is located high upon Zion’s Hill on Granite Street. Hours of operation are in our program of events and are on our web page and Facebook. If you need further information, please call 603-659-3289 and leave a message or via email at email@example.com. Your inquiry will be returned as soon as possible.
Books are available and can be purchased on line with PayPal—or contact us via email at
If shipped — add additional shipping & handling fee of $12 for 1st class mail
All proceeds from the sale of this book by the New Market Historical Society help with the preservation of our collection.
We greatly appreciate your membership and donations, and look forward to seeing you at our meetings and events.